Home / Funny / Viral / Welcome to Apple Park


Locals refer to it as 'the spaceship', but we all know this is where the Apple magic happens. Located in California, Apple Park is Apple Inc’s headquarters.

Tech Vision had a look inside the campus that costs $5-billion to build. The land alone cost $160,000,000 – that’s a lot of money... well, not if you’re a company worth $2,000,000,000,000. If, like ours, your mind is boggled by all the zeros, it comes down to $2-trillion.

Steve Jobs first announced the idea back in 2006 already. By 2014, construction finally started and, by 2017, some of the employees moved in. Unfortunately, the co-founder and former CEO never saw Apple Park as he passed away before construction even began.

A whopping 80% of the park is green space, and over 9,000 trees were planted to ensure the campus fits in with its natural surroundings.

If employees feel like taking a break, there are over three kilometres worth of walking or running trails. Employees are encouraged to make use of this during working hours.

Because there’s more than one building in the park, there are more than 1,000 bikes available to commute between the buildings.

If walking, cycling or running isn’t your thing, you could always go to the gym or wellness centre, or play a game on one of the many basketball courts.

If you worked up an appetite from all that exercising, drop by one of seven cafes in the park.

Of course, the roof of the main building isn’t just any roof. The solar panel-covered roof gives up to 75% of the entire park’s electricity during peak time, while the other 25% is made up by onsite fuel cells.

The largest glass-supported structure in the world just happens to be the park’s auditorium, named the Steve Jobs Theatre. It is situated underground and can seat 1,000 people.

If you want to see what Apple Park looks like, have a look at the Tech Vision video below.

Image credit: Architectural Digest

Kim Kardashian Getting Ready For The Met Gala 2019
5 Foods You're Eating Wrong
Turning 2 Hex Nuts into a 1Ct Diamond Ring
Keeping Up With The Kardashians – Season 16 Teaser
Engine Power Speeding Limits By 2020
Top 5 Foods To Help You Survive Cold And Flu Season
First Look at 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' Film
How St Patricks Day Was Celebrated Around The World
Items People Have Snuck Past Airport Security With