Thanks so social media and the internet, we are able to witness some people’s most embarrassing moments that will forever entertain the online world. Another unforgettable hilarious and scary moment that has recently gone viral was a TikTok video of Boston-based woman named Carli, who shared experience of accidentally swallowing her left Apple AirPod, after mistaking it for an ibuprofen tablet.
In the video the 27-year-old, who uses the handle @iamcarliiib, clearly looks upset and distressed after her experience. She explained, “I was crawling into bed, I had an Ibuprofen 800 in my right hand and I had my left AirPod in my left hand. I like threw something back, took my water bottle and took a sip and then realised it wasn't the Ibuprofren. I tried puking it up and it won't come out. I'm losing my mind.”
However the TikToker luckily shared in an update video that the AirPod had passed through her system, and that an X-ray scan confirmed it safely passed without any damage to her insides. "I had an X-ray done a few hours ago and it revealed that the AirPod had passed," she said. "I had a feeling that it had but I just wanted to make sure.” We all know that AirPods are not cheap, but Carli made it clear that she did not try to retrieve it after she passed it.
What made Carli’s story even more unique is that she also managed to share a voice recording she made using audio picked up from her missing AirPod, and well it’s clear that its floating in her system. After swallowing her AirPod, she didn’t think that it will still be connected while she was busy phoning her friend right after. Her right ear pod was disconnected and on charge at that time.
The message she played contained a bit of a hollow bubbling sound at the beginning before her discarded voice could be heard in the recording.
Watch her TikTok videos here: