NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS TO CONSIDER FOR 2019Date: 2018-12-31
Most people don't manage to follow through with their New Years resolutions, it's mostly because they are either unrealistic or that you've said you wanted to do something but didn't actually put your mind to accomplishing the goals you have set for yourself.
The most common resolutions that most people don't follow through with is 1) To lose weight 2) Travel more 3) Be healthier – amongst others. So, today, let's look at some achievable New Years resolutions you can apply for the New Year.
- Compliment people more on the things you might be insecure about or just because you find something nice about another person.
- Step out of your comfort zone as much as you can, go out to a bar and meet new people, or if you are a homebody, challenge yourself to go out to a concert or social gathering, you will find that if you step out of your comfort zone regularly, your comfort zone will get bigger and bigger and situations that used to scare you won't be scary anymore.
- Conquer a fear. They say mind over matter, so go head on and take your fear down. It's easier said than done, but simply condition your mind to change and turn that fear around and you already halfway there.
- Go somewhere new, even if it's just in your neighbourhood or in your city, make the time to go somewhere new.
- Read a good book. I know it can be really hard to find a good book but when that one friend suggests a good book to read that you have been ignoring for years, take the time and get comfy with a cup of tea and get stuck in!
- If you are quite the party animal, complete a quarterly detox by not drinking, cut down on sugar and start eating healthier foods, it will be difficult for the first few days but you'll thank yourself afterwards when you start feeling great. Aim for a 2-week detox, but if you can do it for longer there is nothing stopping you.
- Focus on yourself more. There is absolutely nothing wrong and everything right by having more 'me' time, take that time to reflect on your daily choices, and how you handle certain types of situations, take the time for self-improvement as much as possible, continue to be a better person, all it takes is you and your mind.
Oh yes, hand have a Happy New Year!