OLIVIA MUNN SLAMS GOLDEN BUZZER FOR THE ANGEL CITY CHORALEDate: 2018-07-25
When The Angel City Chorale took over the America's Got Talent stage, Olivia Munn decided to hit her golden buzzer.
The Angel City Chorale boasts 160 members and aims to create a community, unite people from diverse backgrounds and inspire by donating time and resources to charitable efforts. The choir performed a rendition of "Baba Yetu,” theme from the 2005 video game, Civilization IV. Angle City choir's performance gave the audience and judges goosebumps as they started off softly with the sounds of drums and shaker. The perfect harmony was complete with dance moves that told the story of the song.
Howie complimented the choir saying that they performed as if they were living the song and that their performance told a story. Even Simon went as far as to call them inspiring and that of the many choirs he has seen over the year in America's Got Talent, Angel City choir is original.
When it came time for Olivia Munn to give her feedback, she almost seemed lost for words, calling their diversity inspirational and almost seem to run out of words when she decided to say it with the golden buzzer! To say that the room erupted with excitement is an understatement.
There is no denying that Olivia Munn clearly has good taste as we've seen on America's Got Talent but, if you're wondering how she got onto the show or even who she is, here are 7 Facts about Olivia Munn to help get to know her better:
- Olivia Munn has done a lot in her career – commercials, TV shows, movies – but her name isn't actually Olivia. Her birth name is actually Lisa Olivia Munn but she decided to go by her second name.
- Olivia was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in 1980 but grew up in Tokyo, Japan, after her parents divorced. Her mother got remarried to an American Air Force officer, which led to their family's big move to Tokyo. Olivia went on to learn to speak Japanese and even studied the language in university.
- Olivia Munn has starred in a ton of ads, specifically, nine ads for Proactiv due to her struggles with breakouts in the past, according to Yahoo Beauty. She also starred in a recent Wag! commercial promoting the dog-walking app. She appeared on TV for a 2012 PETA campaign entitled "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur." Other celebrities included in the ad series include Alicia Silverstone and P!nk.
- Olivia likes to use her voice to help the voiceless by speaking out against fur in fashion.
“When you think about even that little tiny trim of fur on your gloves or on your collar, that is still coming from an animal that had to endure so much pain just for you,” the actress said, according to Huffington Post. “There’s nothing good about pretending like you don’t know.” She is also a proud fur mom of two adopted dogs and strongly believes in "adopt don't shop".
- When she isn't walking her fur babies, she is practising karate and even has a black belt. In an interview with Good Housekeeping in 2015 she admitted, "I'm the fourth of five children. All of us started karate at around age 5 and studied it until we were about 16 – and we weren't allowed to stop practising until we had achieved black belts."
- Olivia's acting career has accumulated a net worth of $12 million for all of her roles including: Six, Miles from Tomorrowland, The Daily Show, Chuck, Ocean's 8, X-Men Apocalypse, Magic Mike, and Beyond the Break. She's set to star in the sci-fi film The Predators alongside Sterling K. Brown and Boyd Holbrook, which will be released September 14, 2018.
- Before becoming a big time celeb, she was an intern at FOX Sports as a sports reporting intern logging hockey game tapes and filing newspaper clippings.
It seems Olivia Munn and The Angel City Chorale have something in common, they are both forces to be reckoned with!