FAMOUS HOUSE RIDDLE BY ALBERT EINSTEIN - CAN YOU SOLVE IT?
You don't have to be good at quantum physics or even advanced mathematics to solve Albert Einstein's famous household riddle. All you need to solve the following problem is logic, and if that's not enough for you, don't feel bad. The answer is given at the end of the article.
The popular legend of the riddle goes back to Einstein's apprenticeship. According to the story, the scientist set the students a riddle so that they would not choose him as their supervisor, although this is most likely just a legend. Since it surfaced on the internet, another dubious element has been added to the riddle's history: it is said that only 2 percent of the world's population can solve it.
According to Popular Mechanics, the puzzle goes like this: There are five houses in a row on the street. Each house is a different colour, and each homeowner is a different nationality, drinks different beverages, smokes different brands of cigars, and keeps different pets. And the answer you need to figure out is who is the one with the goldfish as a pet.
If these variables can never repeat from house to house, which homeowner has a pet fish? You should be able to figure out the answer based on these 15 clues:
1. The Englishman lives in the house with red walls.
2. The Swede keeps dogs.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The house with green walls is just to the left of the house with white walls.
5. The owner of the house with green walls drinks coffee.
6. The man who smokes Pall Mall keeps birds.
7. The owner of the house with yellow walls smokes Dunhills.
8. The man in the centre house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The Blend smoker has a neighbor who keeps cats.
11. The man who smokes Blue Masters drinks beer.
12. The man who keeps horses lives next to the Dunhill smoker.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the house with blue walls.
15. The Blend smoker has a neighbour who drinks water.
Figure it out yet?
Watch the video below to find out the solution to the riddle.