WEIRD WAYS TO FALL ASLEEP IN A MINUTEDate: 2018-12-11
Some of you may spend hours upon hours tossing and turning in bed counting sheep but nothing seems to work, try some of these weird ways that have been proven to work.
1) Challenge Yourself to Stay Awake – From How Sleep Works
When you say, “I don’t want to see apples”, what does your brain do? It shows you images of apples in your head. So if you try not to think about something, you will think about it. In the same way, when you tell yourself, “I am not going to sleep”, your brain will take it as an instruction to sleep and you will feel sleepy soon after. This is known as the sleep paradox.
Here’s how it’s done:
Tell yourself, “I’m not going to sleep” and don’t engage in any stimulating activities. Also, don’t drink coffee or start using technology when you are trying not to sleep.
How you can get busy – Ways to fool your brain into the sleep paradox:
- Think about your day.
- Don’t avoid your worries if they intrude your thoughts, be gentle and let them flow through your awareness.
- Keep your eyes open and blink.
- Dream about your happy place.
- Read a book.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Engage in any other quiet activity; knitting, meditation, etc.
See the video below for more Weird Ways to Fall Asleep.